Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Mysterious Hiatus Explained...


I've been having a hard time posting lately. You see, I am a prison husband. My wife was in a minimum security prison for 6 years and 3 months and now is in a halfway house, hoping to return home in a few more months. I don't want to get into it too much, as it's rather embarrassing, but she was arrested for impersonating her deceased mother in an attempt to collect on her insurance. Anyways, I took the kids to go visit her this past week in Kingston. It was our anniversary. Our oldest wasn't as excited to see her as I'd hoped, but he is only three. The magic just doesn't seem to be there anymore between her and I either, y'know? Ok. Have you ever had a penpal that you eventually went to meet and it was weird? Or better yet, have you ever had a penpal that you married in a prison ATCO trailer, had three kids with and then started questioning what you ever saw in them in the first place? Maybe now that she's free the thrill is gone? Now we have to think about becoming a regular domestic family. Plus now that I'm not worried every night that she's going to get killed, my perspective has changed. The worst part: she's a Leafs fan. Where's Ann Landers when you need her?

2 comments:

  1. This does not have to do with sports. Mentioning the Leafs doesn't make it a sports entry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that what the Leafs do could not be classified as a sport.

    ReplyDelete